Boom Days 5K Trail Run/Walk and Mountain Bike Races
The 2018 Boom Days 5K Trail Run/Walk and 5K Mountain Bike Races will take place August 4th. This will be the first year for this race. It will occur before the Boom Days parade on the Colorado Mountain College Leadville campus. The race is a fundraiser for the CMC Running Club. Racers can compete in one or both races. All racers will receive a beard to wear for the race! The races will start and end behind the Climax Molybdenum Building. Racers should park in the CMC Leadville parking lot.
- 6:00 AM: Day-of-registration will take place at the start/finish line. If it is raining or snowing that morning, registration will take place in the Climax building.
- 6:45 AM: The 5K Trail Run/Walk will begin
- 7:45 AM: The 5K Mountain Bike Race will begin
- 9:00 AM: The awards ceremony will take place at the judge’s podium at the Lake County Courthouse (6th and Harrison)
How to register
- 5K Trail Run/Walk: $20
- 5K Mountain Bike Race: $20
- Race both: $30
- Add $10 for day-of-registration
Both the run and bike will follow the same course on the CMC Leadville Campus Trails. The course starts with an outer clockwise loop. The first mile climbs to the high point of the race (10,178 feet) before taking a nice downhill segment for the next mile. The last mile is a roller coaster of ups and downs and twists and turns. Racer start and finish at he same point behind the Climax Building.
The awards ceremony will take place at the judge’s stand near the Lake County Courthouse. The overall male and female run and bike winners will receive an award.
To honor our mining heritage, racers will wear a beard for the race! All racers will be provided with a beard to wear for the race. The beard must be worn somewhere on the racer’s body. Have fun and summon your inner mining spirit or this race!