New recruit joins the CMC Running Club
Luis Juarez will join the CMC Running Club this fall for his first year at CMC Leadville. Luis took some time to answer some questions for us:
1. Where is your hometown? What is it like? I am from a very small town in Texas called Canyon Lake located in the hill country. The people here are very close and kind.
2. What are your PRs in the 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 5K, 10K? 400: 60; 800: 2:20; 1600: 5:20; 5K: 19:00; 10K: 42:00.
3. Why did you choose CMC Leadville? After visiting the campus I felt right at home as if I was meant to be there. After speaking to the administrators and coaches, I began feeling less like a number and more like a successful individual. Leadville is a very beautiful place, and I am very humble and blessed to be able to run and further my education in such an amazing town.
4. What do you do for fun outside of running and school? On my free time I like to spend time with my family; I often help my dad out on the weekends with work. I like to play and watch pretty much any and all sports. I consider myself a very passionate sports fan.
5. What classes/subject areas are you most interested in? I am very passionate about history and it’s one of my favorite subjects.
6. What is your favorite song and by what artist? My favorite song would have to be any song by George Strait.
7. What is your favorite book? 1984 by George Orwell.
8. What is the craziest thing you have ever done? Not taking a jacket up to Leadville for the running camp last summer!